Get the most out of your visit to Daisy Bank caravan park and the joy of being in the countryside with these weblinks to local services. Nearby towns are Bishops Castle, Montgomery and Welshpool.
Tuffins is our local ’emporium’, a mile from the caravan park. It is supermarket, garden centre, DIY store and petrol station all rolled into one. If you live in a town, your first visit to this purveyor of local delicacies, countryside necessities and bargain bins may surprise. And if it does appeal, don’t miss the store’s weekly Sunday market.
Bishops Castle offers traditional shops, curios and a Friday craft market.
The determined shopaholic will find national chains and more specialist shops in Welshpool.
Eating and Drinking
Enjoy fresh farm produce, locally reared meat, home cooked food and traditional ales:
- The Three Tuns, Bishops Castle. Traditional brewery, restaurant and cosy bars.
- Castle Hotel, restaurant and gardens with views over Bishops Castle.
- The Boars Head, Bishops Castle. Friendly, olde worlde pub with great menu.
- The Six Bells, Bishops Castle, brews fine beers, serves good food.
- The Dragon, Montgomery, historic inn – indulge yourself.
You’ll also find details of Fish & Chip, Balti, and Chinese restaurants in our information hut.
Taxis & Car Hire
A local taxi is available, Ros Gromov: 07551825931/2.
Border Garage, Welshpool 01938 554444, will deliver a hire car to Daisy Bank Caravan Park.
Fishing is available along the River Severn and its tributaries between Newtown and Welshpool. The Montgomery Canal is also popular and requires a club fishing permit. Coarse fishing lakes are listed on the Welshpool website.
Local golf courses;
- Lakeside Golf, Garthmyl
- Welshpool Golf Club, Welshpool
- St Giles Golf Club, Newtown
Find maps and guides to local walks at the information hut and on our tourism webpage.