It’s with heavy heart we have decided to close Daisy Bank Caravan Park for the first time in the 13 years that Mark and I have been here. We will stay closed until it is responsible to open again.
We have not yet been ordered to close by the Government but it is clear we must do all we can to stop all non- essential travel and reduce, in part the enormous pressure on valuable local essential and emergency services.
Our business insurance does not cover us for loss of earnings because of COVID-19, for us like many businesses , this is going to be very difficult time.
Ian and Karen will stay on with us and be here ready and waiting to see you again once we are all through this. In the meantime, the grass and hedges will all still grow and we have along list of jobs after the long wet winter.
We will contact everyone who has a booking with us until up to the 1st on May in the first instance. Where possible we would really like to be able to transfer bookings to a later date this year, or next if necessary. Huge thanks to everyone who has already done this.
We would like to thank you for your co-operation and patience at this uncertain time and hope you understand why we have taken this decision.
We cannot express how sad and (slightly terrified) we are but are absolutely confident this is the right thing to do.
Very best wishes and look each other.
Nicky and Mark